Happy New Year!

So, I had some terrific New Years Resolutions in mind this year, but like a fine bottle of wine, they have only improved over time!  What did stick is the theme:  "The Best way to see the World is on Foot".  It is so true!  So, for 2013 I am upping the anti on traveling and doing all that I can to make the most of Europe while I am here and my own home country while I am there.

I did write and then edit my goals for 2013.  I do owe a lot to Paula.  I have always tried to follow resolutions, probably because my birthday gives me the perfect platform for change.  Perhaps I am evolving, but I am now trying to focus on things that I will do as opposed to things that I will abstain from.  It feels like a much healthier perspective...

2013 Goals for Self Improvement (edits during 2013)

1.  Get Healthy - diet and get back into my wardrobe (let's start this on May 1)
2.  Run a Half Marathon every month (I stole this idea from Paula and will start in February)
3.  Go to all of Rick Steve's Best of Europe locations per the book that Lisa gave me when I left home.
4.  Catch up on my Blog by end of January (well, I made a dent, but let's say end of 2013 instead and I will actually try to publish it as my oh-so-awesome coffee table book).
5.  Follow my 5 Healthy Habits daily
     a.  Go outside every day
     b.  Take vitamins
     c.  Eat healthy with diet and reduced sugar
     d.  Cut back on drinking - drastically at first
     e.  Be Thankful